Airtec Stone | Natural stone cladding
Airtec Stone cladding offers a wide range of options for the design of high-quality natural stone façades with a vast choice of stone types and panel sizes plus preformed panels and parts. Even large panels up to 4.7m² can be used on the system without any visible fixing elements. The panels consist of a 8-10mm top layer of natural stone on a lightweight concrete base no more than 19mm thick, ensuring the panels are up to 60 per cent lighter than solid stone slabs.
Airtec Stone system features
- Ventilated rainscreen cladding system with natural stone-faced panels on a lightweight concrete carrier
- The flexible substructure is weather and frost-resistant and compensates for any unevenness in the substrate
- Concealed fixing to aluminium substructure
- Types of stone: Limestone and sandstone, slate, granite (polished, ground). All other types of stone and finish available on request
- Panel size up to 4.7m²
- Reaction to fire
- Flame-resistant, construction materials class B1
- Impact resistance
- Meets the CWCT technical note 76 and BS 8200 up to category B for impact
Preformed panels and parts
Because of the material properties of the composite panel it is possible to create three-dimensional preformed elements such as corners, angles or U-sections for a monolithic effect. This involves mitring the composite panels and securing them with an invisible joint, using adhesive and mechanical fixings. Cantilever panels up to 400mm in length can be attached to an anchoring panel.